Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Tuesday 24th October

In attendance:

Huw Morris
Rick Appleton
Simon Canter
Joe Platt
Ralph Grimble
Tom Fowler


Six players again, which doesn't naturally fit with all that many games. Once again we split into two groups of three.

Primordial Soup
Rick, Simon and I played Primordial Soup. Rick and Simon had never played before. I'd been bringing it for weeks hoping to get a game. To be honest, it's a better game with 4, one of my favourites in fact, but it's still perfectly playable with 3.

I went for an aggressive strategy combining Struggle For Survival with Spores, allowing me to plonk down my new amoebas next to my opponents. Since I had Division Rate as well, I could plonk them down cheaply, so I was always able to keep 5 or more on the board. Simon went for a mobile strategy, with Movement 1 and Speed, zooming around the board for the food. Rick tried to manipulate the cube supply with Tentacles and Holding. After I went aggressive, Simon bought Escape, while Rick bought the other Struggle for Survival - trying to beat me at my own game!

I was always able to keep ahead, thanks to Parasitism. When I upgraded to Aggression, it was game over. Rick came second and Simon was third.

Goa

Tom, Ralph and Joe played Goa. Goa can work with 3 players, although I'm aware there's an issue of one player getting shut out of the flag with experienced players. Anyway, since this was the first game for Tom and Joe, this was never likely to be a problem. Somewhat surprisingly, this game only just finished in time, just before we got chucked out. Tom did very well to win the game, with a score of 40.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?